A greater travel length of 5” absorbs more shocks to provide a smoother ride than other pedestals. Hydraulic damper/spring technology is proven to protect the back and legs from repeated impacts.
Thirty years of engineering experience is combined to offer a stronger and corrosion resistant pedestal for worry free performance. They are capable of handling larger chairs and operators that have required a dual post in the past.
Standard models are much less expensive and their lifetime warranty is an economical solution to your shock mitigation needs.
Purchase your pedestal direct from the factory or through a growing number of approved resellers. Standard models are in stock and available for immediate shipment.
Bases match an industry standard 6-hole pattern on the deck and the 2-7/8 top fits the majority of the swivels and sliders on seats. Square/flat adapters and 4”collars are also available to fit other seat and height requirements.
Pro Pedestal® QS-02 Product Specification
Pro Pedestal® is used to uniformly absorb the g-forces and shocks from waves experienced in a variety of sea states. A hydraulic, velocity sensitive shock absorber with a 17-7 stainless steel coil-over spring is used to achieve over a 60% reduction in impact force with 5” of total travel.
The Inner and Outer Tube components are ¼” thick 6061 & 6063 aluminum, CNC machined and GTAW welded to the 6061 machined pedestal base. The Outer Tube is 3-1/2” in diameter for extra strength to hold large seats and foot rest attachments. The tube components are separated by a layer of Nylon 6 with molybdenum impregnated for lubricity. A black PVC bellows is also used at the transition of the tubes to protect inner components during operation. The Inner Tube and all adapters are anodized black. The Outer Tube and Base are polyester powder coated white for resistant to UV and salt water exposure. All hardware is type 316 stainless steel for extreme corrosion resistance.
The standard Pro Pedestal® has a 2-7/8” diameter post designed to fit most swivel mounts and spider/slider seat adapters. A square plate adapter is used to fit flat bottomed seats and bench or bolster seat frames. The adapters also allow some height adjustability and conversion to a 4" diameter swivel. Pro Pedestal® has a circular base for deck mounting with a standard 6-hole pattern and 8-3/16” bolt diameter. Rectangular or flat-sided bases are also available for tighter space requirements. Pro Pedestal® is a heavy duty pedestal for use in commercial and military applications where dual pedestals have been used with larger seats and rougher sea conditions.
* 30 years of combined engineering technology and service on all types of boats
* Aerospace alloys used for low weight, high strength and corrosion resistance
* Coil over spring technology used with velocity sensitive hydraulic dampers
* Adapters offered to fit any type of seat, bench or leaning post application
* Manufactured 100% in the USA to meet the highest quality standards
* Lifetime warranty on shock mechanism and 5 years on pedestals
* Single Pro Pedestal® is strong enough for larger occupants and helm chairs
* Large 3.5” diameter lower tube allows attachment of foot rests that can be stood on
* Longer shock travel of 5” results in more comfort and greater than 50% absorption
* Maximum comfort and safety in offshore and extreme boating conditions
* Makes boating more enjoyable allowing longer trips and greater satisfaction
* Lower cost than competitive pedestal models or complex seating systems
Scientific Evidence of How Shock Mitigation works to Absorb Impacts and Protect You